Monday, April 26, 2010

New art stuff...

I can never manage to get in bed before 2am. Ever. Maybe I was just built with robot parts that are programmed that way. Anyway, here are some pictures to show you what this robot has been doing:

I finished the chandelier and I really like how it turned out. It's about 6 feet tall and 4 feet wide. It's what I have been spending the majority of my time on. Well, that and trying to finish out the semester in general, hence my blogging absence lately. All of the images you see are embroidered, screen printed, or sewed. Now, like jay-z says, I'm on to the next one. There are going to be five total.

The sculpture is in terra cotta and not yet fired. It was my first attempt at working in ceramics and I have to admit that it was a challenge. It slightly resembles my little sister on purpose.

The brain is still a small part of a larger work in progress, but I figured I'd document the progression.

Let me know what you think. Thanks for checking it out, homies.

Posted via email from shannonyoung's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment